September 26, 2017 | Categories: News & Press Releases
Acumen Learning partners with leading US chemical company
OREM, Utah and HOUSTON– September 26, 2017
- Acumen Learning has been engaged by an international manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and fabricated business products to deliver customized business acumen training to help high potential (HIPO) leaders develop a greater understanding of the big picture of the company’s finances and strategies.
- The company recently went through an acquisition process, and as company leadership grooms employees for future leadership opportunities, the need arose for technical employees to develop the business and finance skills that would allow them to effectively take on leadership roles.
- Goals for the training include helping employees develop the business acumen skills that will allow them to:
- Understand how company performance and compensation is measured, and how to articulate and calculate other important company metrics
- See the big picture of how the different parts of the company work together to achieve its goals
- Understand basic business concepts within the context of the company’s language and strategies
- So far, the manager-selected employees within IT, operations, manufacturing and more have participated in the 2-day course, with plans to include the course in an ongoing HIPO leadership development program.
- Feedback for the course has indicated that it was one of the most valuable and useful presentations employees have participated in to date.
- “The course exceeded my expectations, and I’m a really tough critic,” said the company’s Principal L&D Manager, “The facilitator focused on great concepts, but also made it fun. There was great interactivity from the group.”
- “Excellent course!” said a participant, “This is the best overall training I have attended at [the company].”
- “Excellent overview on the impact of key drivers for the business. This helps bridge a gap in [the company’s] training plans,” said another participant.
- “This course is particularly useful for those in management positions without formal accounting or business education,” said another participant.
- “When employees with a technical background move up in the leadership ranks of a company, it can be challenging for them to lead effectively without good business acumen training. It’s great to see this company make business acumen a priority to help its emerging leaders have the best foundation for future success,” said Greg Kandare, Acumen Learning General Manager.
About Acumen Learning
Founded in 2002, Acumen Learning's highly customized business acumen and sales training programs have helped organizations develop employees who are more engaged, efficient, and effective in their work. To further support its mission, Acumen Learning published, Seeing the Big Picture – Business Acumen to Build Your Credibility, Career, and Company, in 2012 which quickly became a #1 Wall Street Journal and a New York Times bestseller. More than 15 years later, Acumen Learning has been trusted by more than 200 organizations on six continents to help employees understand how their company makes money, and to take real steps towards improving that process.
For more information, visit http://www.acumenlearning.com/
Why do we teach the 5 Business Drivers Model?
Employee Engagement Apocalypse
The Kidnap Plot
Business Acumen: Get it on your resume
Are you working hard on the wrong things?