July 27, 2017 | Categories: News & Press Releases
Acumen Learning partners with leading US medical insurance company
OREM, Utah and Cary, N.C.– July 27, 2017
- Acumen Learning recently teamed up with a leading US medical insurance company to provide a business acumen component in an annual global HIPO development program.
- Goals for the training included helping employees develop the business acumen skills that would enable them to:
- Understand how different business units work together
- Understand the financial statements
- Be empowered to design effective solutions for company challenges
- Understand the components of an ROI analysis
- Better communicate the ROI of their solutions
- The course focused heavily on helping HIPO leaders to successfully get funding approval for their projects.
- According to participant feedback, the course was immediately applicable to employees’ day-to-day tasks.
Supporting participant quotes
- “The course was very relevant for each employee’s responsibility is to make an impact on the company’s growth. It personally and professionally helped me to understand all the required and relevant aspects of the financials, and I can now understand why I am doing certain things.”
- “[The class] was pretty amazing, it gave me a lot of information that I can use in my daily work.”
- “This was a very good course. It covered all the topics in a very easy-to-understand way, while making it very dynamic.”
- “The course had lots of examples (case studies) which made it easy for me to connect the subject to my real-life situation in my job.”
- “The course was very clear and related to our business. It was interesting to refresh the concepts and learn more about finance. The instructor clearly understood the concepts related to our business and managed the groups very well.”
About Acumen Learning
Founded in 2002, Acumen Learning's highly customized business acumen and sales training programs have helped organizations develop employees who are more engaged, efficient, and effective in their work. To further support its mission, Acumen Learning published, Seeing the Big Picture – Business Acumen to Build Your Credibility, Career, and Company, in 2012 which quickly became a #1 Wall Street Journal and a New York Times bestseller. More than 15 years later, Acumen Learning has been trusted by more than 200 organizations on six continents to help employees understand how their company makes money and take real steps towards improving that process.
For more information, visit http://www.acumenlearning.com/
Why do we teach the 5 Business Drivers Model?
Employee Engagement Apocalypse
The Kidnap Plot
Business Acumen: Get it on your resume
Are you working hard on the wrong things?