January 20, 2017 | Categories: News & Press Releases
Acumen Learning partners with international office designer and retailer for a new leadership development program
OREM, Utah and GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan – March 15, 2017
- Acumen learning has contracted with a leading office furniture retailer to design, customize and deliver a business acumen training as part of its 6-month leadership development program.
- The program is geared toward a diverse group of emerging leaders from various countries spanning multiple departments including research & development, engineering, HR, marketing & communications, legal, sales and more.
- Goals for the training include helping up-and-coming leaders develop the business acumen skills that will allow them to:
- Have more strategic conversations between departments and make better connections between company goals and departmental initiatives.
- Become more agile and make more effective and informed business decisions.
- Re-focus individual efforts on growth and innovation through technology.
- Contribute to the company’s international growth and market share by understanding the needs of different markets
- Improve communication with customers
- Feedback from the initial training indicated that the training significantly contributed to employees’ functional awareness and understanding of the company’s goals.
- “It was a pleasure to teach business acumen to such a diverse group of sharp individuals. We look forward to continuing to help these emerging leaders develop their business acumen skills so that they can be more engaged, efficient and effective in their work,” said Kelvin Brents, Acumen Learning Senior Consultant.
About Acumen Learning
Founded in 2002, Acumen Learning's highly customized business acumen and sales training programs have helped organizations develop employees who are more engaged, efficient, and effective in their work. To further support its mission, Acumen Learning published, Seeing the Big Picture – Business Acumen to Build Your Credibility, Career, and Company, in 2012 which quickly became a #1 Wall Street Journal and a New York Times bestseller. More than 15 years later, Acumen Learning has been trusted by more than 200 organizations on six continents to help employees understand how their company makes money, and to take real steps towards improving that process.
For more information, visit http://www.acumenlearning.com/
Why do we teach the 5 Business Drivers Model?
Employee Engagement Apocalypse
The Kidnap Plot
Business Acumen: Get it on your resume
Are you working hard on the wrong things?