March 28, 2017 | Categories: News & Press Releases
Acumen Learning partners with leading industrial manufacturer
OREM, Utah and DALLAS, Texas– March 28, 2017
- Acumen Learning has been engaged by one of North America’s largest diversified industrial manufacturers to design and deliver customized business acumen training which will help align the company’s 17 autonomous business units in the energy, chemical, agriculture, transportation and construction sectors with the company’s broader business strategies and goals and to help drive manufacturing efficiency for the company.
- The company has invested in “multi-purpose” facilities in recent years, leading to a need for flexibility and the development of cross-skills to promote cost-effective manufacturing practices so that the company can easily respond to changes in market demand
- Goals for the training include helping employees develop the business acumen skills that will allow them to:
- Establish stronger connections between the different sectors and understand the business case behind developing the cross-skills that allow for manufacturing flexibility.
- Align work on individual projects with the company’s broader strategic initiatives and goals, and in turn, the bottom line.
- So far, the company’s engineers have participated in Acumen Learning’s Building Business Acumen® training course, as part of an engineering summit, as well as the company’s HR leaders.
- The company also has plans to deliver the course to its Senior Leadership group, as well as employees at its corporate offices in Mexico in both the English and Spanish languages.
- Feedback for the course has indicated that it was one of the most valuable and useful presentations employees have participated in to date.
- “We were proud to be included in this company’s Engineering summit to help engineers not only make effective technical decisions, but also effective business decisions that positively impact the bottom line,” said Greg Kandare, Acumen Learning General Manager.
About Acumen Learning
Founded in 2002, Acumen Learning's highly customized business acumen and sales training programs have helped organizations develop employees who are more engaged, efficient, and effective in their work. To further support its mission, Acumen Learning published, Seeing the Big Picture – Business Acumen to Build Your Credibility, Career, and Company, in 2012 which quickly became a #1 Wall Street Journal and a New York Times bestseller. More than 15 years later, Acumen Learning has been trusted by more than 200 organizations on six continents to help employees understand how their company makes money, and to take real steps towards improving that process.
For more information, visit http://www.acumenlearning.com/